- I am the proud recipient of both the 2018 and 2019 cdchawthorne TA of the Year Awards. The 2018 prize came with zero pats on the back. The 2019 prize bore the following inscription: "the committee feels you've demonstrated[,] uh[,] moral aptitude and diligence[. L]et's go with that". The granter of this prestigious teaching award has also declared the following: "I go to samuelbaltz.net to relax and have fun"
- "I have no religion but I continuously have faith in Samuel" -- Corina Simonelli, 2018
- "For a Canadian, you're on the villainous end of the spectrum" -- Alejandro Pineda, 2018
- "You are right, sadly" -- Jason Davis, 2019
- "Easily the best person I met in Grade 9 Drama", and "a fantastic person who should have listened to me" -- Lyra Evans, 2019
- "Their work is marginal at best" -- Kevin McAlister, jokingly trying to convince somebody that he does not respect my work even though we have collaborated on multiple projects, 2019
- "Samuel's very numerate but barely literate" -- Mike Thompson-Brusstar, 2019
From public figures
The following people have no idea who I am, and yet that didn't stop them from saying something memorable about me.
- Jon Lovett, when he learned that I wrote his Wikipedia page, said that I am "on the streets every day making a difference" and that "that's why we do [podcasts]", which Dan Pfeiffer confirmed.
- Chess grandmaster Ben Finegold told me that my "indolence is inefficacious".
- Chess International Master and Woman Grandmaster Anna Rudolf said that I am "definitely an MVP".
This page was last modified on 2019 October 10 by Samuel Baltz